Friday, August 22, 2014

She has Strength!

I think this has been the busiest summer that I have had  ... ever.  I didn't plan it this way, it kinda happened on its own.  We went to the beach, that was planned a long time ago. The other week that was going to be busy was an awesome week to Disney ...  but then we had this wild and crazy idea that we wanted to sell our house so that we could get some extra space for the kids and my art supplies that were taking over the dining room and kitchen.  And we listed it ... and in 48 hours we had 3 offers over asking.  Seriously. Shocked. That also meant that we had a week or so to find something new or be homeless.  Luckily, after about 20 houses I found one that we loved. Whew.  But SUCH a whirlwind!!

So I dug deep and felt like I had to find strength that I hadn't used in a long time!!  So when this stamp arrived from Eclectic Paperie, she talked to me and said, "i have strength too!" So here she is ....

 I am not good at drawing faces at all - but I have always wanted to be!! So when I saw the amazing Prima stamps in the Eclectic Paperie store -I went for it!! And I am SO glad that I did!! Here I used the Sharon stamp - LOVE HER!!


I started by stamping the image with Archival Black ink onto watercolor paper!


I loved how easily this stamped onto the paper!!  (And historically, I am stamp challenged!)


Then I wanted to watercolor Sharon.  But I couldn't find my watercolor kit .... so I grabbed my Dylusions.  Really.  I used the Dylusion Inks to watercolor!! And I LOVED it!! See the drop in the pallet - that was all the color I needed!! The ink is so saturated with pigment, that when I added a brush (wet with water) the ink took over!!  I was so amazed!!


The colors of the Dylusions are AMAZING! I actually used little medicine cups to keep the colors separated because the inks were so intense.  And honestly, I could have used the water that I was using to clean the brushes with to watercolor!)


Finally, I created a background for her.  I used Wendy Vecchi embossing paste to create some texture and then rubbed it with Wendy's Dandelion Archival ink pad after it dried. I sprayed some Dylusions through stencils (going traditional with the Dylusions here!)  I cut Sharon out of the watercolor paper and glued her down to the canvas with Gel Medium and then wrote on the canvas to finish her!! 

Really, these face stamps are SO stinkin' easy to use!!  If you have been thinking of getting one, like I had for a long time, try one!! I can't wait to get a couple more different faces! I might even use her to practice drawing faces myself ... maybe!!



1 comment: