Thursday, January 23, 2014

Winter Night and Summer Day

Hi Linnie Bloom Fans!!  Today I have two different canvases.  I  made the summer day canvas last week, but when I saw Debbie's wonderful long blank, I thought, great minds think alike!! I took out my Linnie Shapes and amazingly, 8 shapes later, I saw the Winter night come to life. I hope you enjoy my Winter night and Summer Day!


The first thing I do is lay out my shapes and the papers I want to use for the background.  This time I used a map of Georgia, some book paper and a couple of children's poems.  (I also added a gelli printed paper for the snow, but it is not pictured here!)


I got out my supplies - I love art supplies!!


I painted up my little house on a canvas arrow with acrylic paint, a brown paint and mixed it with Golden's titan buff to create dimension.



  I used three different gelato colors and a Faber Castell Pitt pen to create the color on the trees! The stars, were sprayed with Dylusions spray through a star shaped stencil.  I just LOVE how the spay keeps its shape on Linnie shapes through stencils.

And here are some close-ups of the the finished canvas!! I think I might like to be on vacation at this winter cabin right now!!  Even though it has been cold here (for Atlanta) I would love some snow and true winter weather!




And then, in contrast here is my summer day canvas!! This is a little 5x7 canvas that I had in my stash.  I thought it fit my Linnie Tree perfectly!


For the tree, I used acyrlics.  I painted on a thin layer of a lighter green.  I used stencils and a 'spouncer' to keep the paint from bleeding under the stencil.  I layered on a couple of different stencils for a more textured look.


I used a brown gelato and a brown Faber Castell Pitt Pen for the trunk.  I put the gelato directly onto the canvas piece and then smeared it around with my finger.  I used the pen to outline the shape and add a little detail!


Thank you all so much for stopping by today!!  You can keep up with Linnie Blooms on the Linnie Blooms Blog, the Linnie Blooms facebook page and the Linnie Blooms Pintrest page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment