Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ahhh . . . Summer is kinda over . . .

Even though I know we still have a couple of hot months here in 'hotlanta, the kids went back to school yesterday!!  So that means that summer is 'kinda' over for us.  No more sleeping in, staying up late or vacations until the weekends.  Back to the grind.  So today I made a beach picture . . . inspired by Wild Art Summer with Junelle Jacobson!!

I decided to shop my own stash and found a fun SNAP! 6x6 pad from Simple stores.  It totally made me feel like SUMMER!!


This was a pretty easy canvas to create!! The first thing I did was bring out my Gelli Plate! Seriously, love creating backgrounds on it! I wanted something a little different than plain paper so I gritted my teeth and randomly pulled a page out of my vintage atlas.  


I painted white on the bottom and  then mixed in the titan buff through the Turkish Grunge Donna Downey stencil.  I dried it quickly and then added in the teal for the top.  I took out my Blazonry stencil by Julie Balzer and painted teal through it.  The stencil had some darker blue on it from another project, so it was a happy mistake to see the darker blue peeking through!! Love those moments!!
 
Today, I took out a canvas board.  Normally, yes, I would have used a thicker canvas.  However, I bought a pack of these as experiment boards . . . and found out that I love to use them!!  But this one had a sketch gone wrong in the middle and it needed some love! I painted up the edges with some fun bright summery orange and glued the map page on in the middle!!


Finally I cut out umbrella shapes, a bucket, a cooler and some blanket shapes from the Simple stories paper!  Then I glued them and doodled with my Faber-Castell Pitt pens! Love how it turned out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment