Tuesday, January 31, 2017

"National Inspire your Heart with Art Day"

I am so blessed to have art in my life. Art is such a great way to stretch myself.  I really just am lucky to have found Mixed Media art through my amazing kindred spirit, Kelli.  All it took, was me to see one piece of art that she had created, to know that I really wanted to try.  And so I tried ... and I was hooked.  And now when I am working on a project I feel my stress fall away or I pour what I am feeling in.  You just never know what you are going to find at the end of the journey.

So today, in honor of  "National Inspire Your Heart with Art Day" I created this wood block using a ton of Canvas Corp Brands Products!! 


I used a Scrap of Wood, Canvas Corp Brand Fluted Paper, Canvas Corp Brand Kraft Paper, Archival Inks, Tissue Paper, Matte Medium, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze Satchel, stencils, and Chalk Paint - Cream colored!


For the first side ... I have my paper hearts and stenciling on the wood block.




For the second side, I have one of my favorite bible verses .... I used tissue paper with the words I printed on to it with my printer! 


Well, I hope that your heart is inspired by art. Go to a museuem, pull out some art supplies and goof around, you might just find something that inspires your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment