Sunday, January 15, 2017

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #32 - Part 2!



So, I hope you are really considering playing with us this month at The Mixed Media Challenge Blog!! It is so much fun to stretch and create something to share with others!! I know you all have some great ideas!!!  And this month, with Stencil Girl Products as our sponsor ... how fantastic would it be to randomly be chosen for a $25 gift certificate!!    


I adored the stencils from Stencil Girl that I was lucky enough to play with this month!  Here is the second stencil that steals the show - Fractured Glass 6!! (Find it here:  http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/product-p/s024.htm)

Here is my 2nd Put a Stencil on it Challenge Project!! 







I used the Silver, Gold and Teal Heidi Swapp metallic texture paste again!! I really, really like the way this paste works with stencils! I used a small piece of watercolor paper.






Then I used a plain white gessoed canvas and repeated the stencil all over the canvas with white metallic texture paste. I used an old gift card to spread the paste through the stencil.











And then I kept playing without the camera!! Sorry!! There was a second gold layer that was ripped off the back, you can see just the edge of it ...  and  in the end I had a gold heart on canvas that I frayed the edge (from Heidi Swapp again) and a little Cherish sticker.  I love it! Simple but fun!! 


And if you have made it this far ... Whew!  Let me just tell you, that I am a newbie design team member with Canvas Corp ... and I can't wait to start sharing with you some of the new, absolutely amazing new products that Canvas Corp Brand, 7 Gypsies, is going to debut at Creativation (formally known as CHA!)  You are going to LOVE them!!

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous, thanks for the instructions,love the peralised metalic sheen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful stenciling! The mettaic aspect of it gives it so much charm:)

    ReplyDelete