Monday, February 1, 2016

February Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #21 - Glitter!

Welcome to the February Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!  Our Challenge this month is GLITTER and our amazing prize is a $25 gift card the Frantic Stamper Inc.  Frantic Stamper is the only place here in the United States that you can buy Paper Artsy Fresco Acrylic Paint that we had the honor of getting to use for this challenge!!  

SO, join us here at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!





And here is my canvas project for the glitter challenge!!  I used the Paper Artsy Fresco Paints and a touch of glitter on the wing of my Peacock!




Here are the gorgeous, amazing, box of Fresco Finish Paints from Paper Artsy!


I started with a 9x12 deep canvas.


I covered it with book paper. 


Then I painted the canvas with coral fresco paint and coated it with their crackle glaze. On top of the crackle glaze I painted on the stone fresco paint. It crackled up - LOVED it! So easy to use and SO quick!! (Which is good, because I am super impatient!)



I sketched on my peacock shape. Obviously, sketching is a little tricky for me ... I think in the end I made her skinnier and her neck longer!!


In addition to the coral and stone background, I used three other Fresco paints colors! But I didn't remember to take any painting pics!!  I did mix light modeling paste into the final stencil for the peacock tail!


I added a hint of glitter to the wing and corner!! Then I sprayed on purple Dylusions though a stencil, stenciled in some text with black ink to finish off the canvas!! 




12 comments:

  1. What gorgeous feathers on your peacock! Thanks for sharing your process, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and artistic Karen! Love the fancy peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your freehand peacock, and clever stencilling for his tail - he's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love the peacock and and all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very colorful canvas. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peacock and Shimmer goes hand in hand .. A pretty Canvas frame ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen , your peacock is gorgeous ! I just love those new Frescos!! Yum!
    Jackie P Neal ")

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning creation! The texture and colours, well the whole thing is just awesome and right up my street. Thank you for the gorgeous inspiration you give us at TMMC Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful canvas & a lovely sketch! The peacock colours are fab :)

    ReplyDelete