Thursday, February 20, 2014

My New Camera Bag and an Altered Challenge for you!!!

I bought this plain Donna Downey camera bag this winter with the plan to alter it!!  Every time I used it all plain looking, I would come up with grand plans of paint splashes and modeling paste shapes.  I pulled out my bucket of embellishments, my Linnie Shapes and my Donna Downey flowers and letters JUMPED right out of at me.  They were perfect, I could color up the canvas shapes and match them to the colorful flowers that I had in the pile.  




It was play day at my local scrapbook store (shout-out to Altered Angel in Alpharetta GA, love my girls!) so I packed up the bag and the embellishments and headed out. In fact, these next few pictures were taken on my Ipod because I was working at the store - so excuse the quality!!

I sprayed up the butterflies with Dylusions and a stencil.



I glued the flowers and canvas Linnie Blooms' shapes down with Helmar 450.

So here is my tip of the day:  Before I glue anything down, I always take a picture of what I have planned.  This is because I have the worst short term memory . . . and the minute I move them . . . I forget where they were placed!! SO take a picture when you think you have the plan ready to go!!  Then you can look at the picture for reference as you glue!! 

 And voila! I took the bag home, sat on the deck and took some pictures of my camera's much prettier home!!

 I hope I have inspired you to brighten up something that is just too plain!!  Come and join the Altered Bag Challenge over at Eclectic Paperie!



5 comments:

  1. So adorable I love it and the colors are of course my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bag Karen ! Love the colours ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bag Karen ! love those flowers and your stenciled butterflies. It is indeed a Joyous creation ! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. I love how the embellishments match (or fit) with the bag...... love it Karen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS camera bag, Karen! LOVE your colors and your flowers and the butterflies! The frame is a great detail too!

    ReplyDelete