Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Little Cup of Love

I am so happy today!  I spent the whole morning at my desk just cutting, gluing and creating.  And when I finished this page I felt like I had accomplished something. (Of course, now I have to clean up my mess, but that will get done . . . soon!)

This week's Journal 52 Prompt was to use found poetry. The words that I chose were picked while I drank my morning cup of tea and then the teapot just jumped onto the page along with them!


I started with some scrapbook paper that looks like blank sheet music from the Crate Paper Flea Market by Maggie Holmes.  I used stencils, ink and paint to create a background.


I cut out the shapes I wanted for my picture.  Then I glued them down with gel medium onto the background paper.


Doodles, some rub-ons and outlining to finish it off!   The great thing about using my Donna Downey Inspiration Journal is the fact that each page has an extra little piece of paper in the middle.  I used this extra piece of paper to put the poetry words onto.







1 comment: