Wednesday, November 11, 2015

5 for 5 Thanksgiving - Day 3 - Sentiments

 Welcome to Day 3 of our 5 for 5 Thanksgiving Blog Event. Today our theme is "Sentiments Only". We are all sharing a project where we used sentiments. Each day our 5 Designers will post a Thanksgiving Inspired Project based on a theme. 

I have an awesome prize today for the 5 for 5 challenge!!  Make sure you comment on each of the designers projects for the rest of the week and I will put your name into the random drawing on Day 6 for a $10 Michael's Gift Card!! With all the coupons and sales they have going on right now, you could use that money to restock your favorite color paint or medium!! 

 


Rachel - www.rwkrafts.com

Here is my project for Sentiments Only .... I really tried to not include a picture but I just couldn't leave it alone!! (But the back of the block is words only!!)




The Thanksgiving Day poem - all time favorite!! I used tissue paper and copied it on my copier.


The old block, that has been begging me to use it  ... I removed the staples and lightly gesso'ed it!



Then using brown Archival Ink, I rolled scrolled script over the whole block.


Then I found a wonderful sentiment for the front, made a paper tree and some fall colored hearts for leaves!

Now, make sure to visit the rest of the 5 for 5 designers, leave comments and you might just win my Michael's Gift Card!!  Have fun!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful,original,amazing project,it's so lovely and inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a block, love how you created the background ... bought back memories !

    ReplyDelete