Thursday, April 3, 2014

ePlay April Challenge!!

It is time for the new ePlay Challenge this month!!  This month we are challenging you to alter something with wood!! It can be something as simple as a little wooden embellishment or something made of wood - your challenge!!  


Welcome to the April ePlay Challenge. Our challenges are about encouraging you to explore your creative journey and inspiring you to step outside of your comfort zone.  When you submit your artwork, share a unique card, scrapbook or journal page, a canvas, home décor project, or anything that you’re excited to share!  We’re looking forward to crafting with you! One project will be chosen at the end of this month-long challenge and will be awarded a $25 shop voucher for the eclectic Paperie store. It just might be you!


 I bought this wall hanging at Goodwill.  It was hunter green and said something inspirational about food and the kitchen.  I had a project all planned out, but it just didn't work. 


And after my inspirational weekend with Junelle Jacobsen at the Donna Downey studio in Charlotte, I just had to sketch some spring flowers and create with them.
I took out my scrapbook paper from Crate Paper and got started. 

I cut all the flower petals out and laid them out in the flower design.  Then I took a picture so that I could remember how I planned them.  SO many times I can't remember what I planned and have to start over.  But I have gotten smarter and take a picture, so I can just copy myself!! 

I 'glued' the pieces down with gel medium.  I used the matte medium to help keep the 'flower petals' shaped upwards to give a lot of texture to the board!  Then I doodled, highlighted and finished off the piece!!  I am going to hang it up on the wall!

And now, you need to come and ePlay with us!!   We would love to see what you create and I hope that our projects inspire you!! 





5 comments:

  1. What a delightful pot of colorful blooms Karen! This will bring sunshine and spring to whatever wall you hang it on. a great way to up-cycle an old frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Karen! Such a cheerful and bright piece. Miss you ... please try to join us one of these days soon ... all the details on our group FB page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paper piecing amazes me every time! Love the project doll!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!!! Love how you took a thrift store find and altered it. The colors of the paper piecing really stand out with the black frame. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your doodling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen......WOWWOWWOW....your art is a true delight on the eyes...gorgeous m`lady!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete