Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Peace Dove Wreath!


Whew, it has been a crazy few weeks around here! First, I participated in the Atlanta Susan G Komen 3-Day, which is an amazing event!  Then I traveled overseas to visit my Granny for 2 weeks, which was an amazing event in itself.  It was so wonderful to see my family!! Then I had a ton of meetings at school this week and now I am getting ready for a wedding this weekend that my girls will be taking part in, and on Sunday I have a fundraiser Holiday bazaar . . . aaagh . . . so I needed some Peace.  Luckily, I managed to wedge in some art time in here. And here is my Peace dove that I made for my Design Team post at the Eclectic Paperie! 


I started with some vintage dictionary pages.  In order to save some of my favorite pages, I copied them on my copier and mishmashed them together to create some collaged dictionary pages. 

My wonderful father-in-law brought me a bag full of wood scraps!! SO excited!! I really enjoy working on the wood pieces!


I covered the wood in the dictionary pages and sheet music.  Then used stencils and distress ink to give the background some texture and color.

I took out my new translucent Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste from the Eclectic Paperie.  I have been wanting to find the right project for it!! When I first saw the embossing paste it reminded me of a soft modeling paste. I love making stencil shapes with paste, so I thought, why not, use the embossing paste!!  And it worked!! 


At first it is white . . .


And it dries translucent!! SO awesome looking!! (Next time I will find a use for clear shapes!!) 


Then I used two different mediums to color the paste just because I wanted to see what the outcomes would be like.  The dylusions spray kept the shapes pliable and kinda translucent.  The craft paint made the pieces harder and opaque. I loved them both and used both in the 'wreath.'





I glued the shapes down with matte-medium!  I loved the wreath, but it was missing something.


So I water-colored my peace dove . . . 
 

And 'hung' her up with some red and white twine.

Added some rub-on stickers, red berries and paint, doodles and words . . . and done.  Some peace . . .  I hope you have some moments of peace before the holiday rush begins!! 



Make sure to visit the Eclectic Paperie, there are some AMAZING designers and an AMAZING selection of tools to use for mixed media and scrapbooking projects!!

1 comment: