Friday, January 18, 2013

SUNSHINE!!

Awww, after weeks of rain and overcast skies, it is finally back to sunny ATLANTA!! Whoohoo!! I can't tell you how good it feels to be back in the sun!! It might still be 30something outside, but I don't care, the sun is back!!

So I moved my desk to the window . . . and I think I like it! I wanted to get a bigger one, but I think this one just fits in the spot perfectly.  (Although, that still won't stop me from heading over to Ballard's Backroom to see what else might work there too!!)




And while staying at home in the rain was driving me crazy, I managed to wrangle in my friend to go thrift store shopping with me yesterday . . . and so here comes my crazy find.   I saw this green box sitting on a shelf and I liked the shape so I picked it up.  I opened the box and inside it were hundreds of pristine Betty Crocker Recipe cards from 1971.  It is awesome.  How in the world did I miss that food had fashion and trends like everything else in this world!!    SO, I vow to cook some of the best the 1970's has to offer . . . from Chicken Fricassee with Dumplings to Hot Salad in a basket . . .   I can't wait!! I will have to post the best pictures from the recipe cards soon!!  (The "Arty-Party" cake might just be my favorite . . .) 


No comments:

Post a Comment