Friday, December 1, 2017

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #43!!

December is here and so is The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!  I had a blast creating with the chipboard pieces that boozybear.blogspot has in her store !!

Visit boozybear's etsy shop and find her amazing stencils and chipboard pieces!  I loved playing with them because they were versatile and put up with a LOT of different mediums!!

Remember that if you join us in this month's challenge, you will be entered in our random drawing and win a prize from our sponsor!!




And here is my project for this month's challenge!





I coated the canvas with white gesso and a crackle paste randomly around the canvas.  Then I used a gold paint randomly around on the white background. When it was dry, added in some gold texture paste with sand and glitter randomly.  I used my boozybear burlap stencil with brown archival ink for a little extra texture in the background. Then I took the awesome Scribble Frame Chipboard and coated it in gold paint and Distress Oxide Ink - so much fun!  

I loved this creating this project!! I hung it up in my front hallway with all my Christmas decorations!!

So come and play - you are definitely going to need some art time during this crazy Holiday Season!!

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely project for this month's theme. I love the textured background behind the gold rings. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  2. A piece of fine contemporary art that I would LOVE to hang in my home! You did a fabulous job on the background--so much delicious texture! And the idea of 5 golden rings--genius! They look beautiful finished in the gold paint and oxide inks. Very well done! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, with a great sentiment that I never would have thought of! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a modern and great design! Wonderful vibrations here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opulent and contemporary! Love your 5 gold rings canvas Karen . Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful and love the sentiment! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! My son has been singing that song...
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet it looked fantastic in your home as holiday decor! Absolutely love it and the "shimmery" quality of the overall design. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete