Thursday, June 1, 2017

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #37 - A Year of Choices!

Unbelievably, we have another year of challenges complete here at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!! I love looking back and seeing all the different projects that have been completed for our challenges!!  So this month, our Challenge is to create something using one or more of our themes for the year! Our AMAZING sponsor this month is Donna Downey Studios!!  One lucky winner, chosen at random from our entries will win a $50 gift card to the Donna Downey Studio Store!!  SO AWESOME!  Come and Play with us!!



For my project I chose rustic!! I seem to be on this rustic and farmhouse kick lately ... so here is my project!






I started with a wooden board about 12x12.  I drew on my plan and then added the bottom layer of texture with stamps.  


I made the window with Tattered Angels Stormy Skies Glimmer Mist sprayed on mixed media paper.  Then I went around the outside of the window with white crackle paint and a faber castell gray marker.  

I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Cork and Glimmer Glaze in Satchel and Java to create the stained wooden 'house!'




And then I made the little bird, added the quote and Rustic Fun was done!!  Make sure to come and play with us!! 


12 comments:

  1. Oh, I love how you created the woodgrain effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the saying, it's very true :) the composition is awesome too xo Cheetarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. Fun project with some really cool elements. Love the little birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great Karen and love the quote
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ver cool. Love the background and the sentiment. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really rocked using the rustic theme. Thanks for sharing how you created this awesome creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you created the background. Looks for real. Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had forgotten I had some of those roller type stamps so thank you for reminding me. So creative and clever and the sentiment brought a happy smile to my face x

    ReplyDelete