Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #30!

Happy November!!  I am so excited for cooler weather  ... I know it will come soon to the south ... right!!  But until we can turn off the air conditioning it is the perfect time for a Mixed Media Challenge!! So welcome Mixed Media Fans - come and join us in our Monthly Challenge!!  This month we have a color inspiration and an amazing prize for one lucky randomly drawn winner from the Funkie Junkie Boutique!! The Funkie Junkie has an amazing selection of papers, pens, paints ... everything you could need or want for your mixed media and scrapbooking!!  





And now my project for the challenge ....







This all started with a simple sketch.  I used a wood base for the canvas, lots of paint, paper, burlap and twine!!


I painted the wood with white, titan buff golden paints and a crackle medium for Viva. 


And then the dog jumped into my lap and then proceeded to climb out of my lap on the desk ... he really didn't want me to work!! 


So, come play!! We have such a good time and learn so much from other mixed media artists ... The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!  


9 comments:

  1. Haha, your dog is funny! But now to your work: wonderful, how you put all together! I like how you included the burlap and all those hearts.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture of the tree! really sweet composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The texture with the Tree is perfekt animation!
    And your dog is so funy, i like him♥
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous creation. I love the textures! Your crafty doggy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That beautiful work and details so original !!, I love how you have done !!
    And your dog is an artist !!, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the texture in your tree trunk. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi)))) Very lovely, simple and wonderful work. Аnd I have fallen in love with a dog.))))) Thanks for inspiration)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the texture in this piece. (And your dog is gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that tree! and the hearts you added doodling on.

    ReplyDelete