Thursday, June 26, 2014

Cigar Box Purse + Marion Smith Paper FUN!!

Today I have a super fun project over at Eclectic Paperie! I love cigar boxes, in fact, if I see one at Goodwill or any thrift store, I pretty much have to buy it!!  And when I saw the Marion Smith Motley Paper, I just KNEW it was perfect for my latest cigar box find!!!  This paper is A-MAZING!! Seriously, it almost went into the 'don't cut that paper because it is too awesome pile' that I have, but I put on my big girl panties and cut and ripped right into it - and I am so glad I did!


 Now I have the cutest little travel box for my watercolors!!  I actually carried them up to the pool with me this weekend in my 'new' box!!  Just perfect!





This is how it started, it already had the cool bead handle - I can't take credit for that!!


 I cut up the paper and distressed it with Wendy Vecchi Dandelion and regular brown Archival Ink.


I glued and sealed the paper with my new Dina Wakely Gel Medium!! (Love that it comes in a tube because it was SUPER easy to squeeze on where I wanted it to go!!)  I added some more distressing to the edges and stencils with ink and then I was done!! I really wanted to add more, because I always do, but I kept it simple!! And I love it!!

I hope you enjoyed my project!  Make sure to check out the Marion Smith paper - so beautiful!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment