Monday, July 8, 2013

Fireworks and Lightning!

I love using The Greeting Farm stamps in my art journal, especially, their Dreamy kit stamps!! So here is my Farm Fresh Friday Red, White and Blue Ribbon Challenge Page and for the Garden Variety Anything Goes Challenge too!!

 I started with my Gelli Plate.  I used a Crafter's Workshop Stencil on the plate to make my 'firework!' Then I embossed and colored the 'Dreamy' kit houses on a separate piece of paper, cut them out and glued them onto the background! I cut out my red, white and blue ribbon to make the banner!! (The banner kinda of slid down into the middle of the book, whoops!)  It was so much FUN! I hope you enjoy it! 


It has been raining here in Atlanta for over a week!! I feel like I am going to float away!! Luckily, we had some amazing company come and spend time with us this last weekend!! And since our 4th of July celebration was rained out we actually celebrated on 6th with them!! Amazingly, it was still raining and thundering (but more sporadically than it had been the days before.) 

As we set off our little fireworks in the driveway, we could see the fireworks from larger displays set in the backdrop of some pretty dramatic lightning. It was amazing!! The kids started blowing bubbles outside while we were out watching fireworks. The grass was still so wet that the bubbles would land on the grass and not pop!! They almost had half the yard covered, it was a fantastic sight!! Here are a couple of pics of bubbles that I took ... they really do not do justice to the beauty of the bubbles on the lawn!! 





1 comment:

  1. oh yay! i love love love the bubble photos, the title and of course the page is awesome! rockin' it as always girl!

    ReplyDelete