Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Projects and Spring . . . finding balance!!

Spring is a crazy season around here!!  I LOVE being outside so when the weather gets just right, I just can't stay behind the indoor desk!!  I have been planting, painting and playing tennis!!  The time I have spent behind my desk is making a couple new canvases for an upcoming project!! They have turned out really well!!

 My favorite deck flowers are marigolds.  They just perk up the deck planter boxes and they bloom all summer out there!  Love. 

 This fall, Jeremy and the girls planted a bag of tulips for me!  They came up beautifully!! I love them and I want to plant more next fall!



And here is the project that has taken up any free time that I have had lately!!  I found this old 60's table at a local thrift store and I fell in love!! It has a magazine rack in the front and then surprise, the top lifts up for storage!! It is perfect for my art area!!  So I sprayed on the Citristrip went to work!! Sanding, staining the top and painting the bottom!! I LOVE the way it turned out!!



1 comment:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the magazine table! It doesn't even look like the same piece after you finished it!

    ReplyDelete